Ir al contenido principal

Second day

Yesterday was October 2nd, I wasn't able to write because I was a little busy.

Today I have to finish a practice, and deadline is today (oct 3rd). Its for the subject network services administration, I have to config several routers and do a script to prevent fails. 


About yesterday, well, since 50 years have happened since Tlatelolco massacre, I didn't have to go to school, but I did have other things to do. I had an interview with Microsoft at Santa Fe, it's a really big place, all buildings around are huge!

The interview lasted around 1 hour, its divided into 3 stages, a technical one where I was told to solve a problem and do some coding, a stage to talk about my resume and some projects and finally a stage to do questions to my interviewer.

In the first part, I was given a simply linked list, in which I only knew the head pointer, and I was also given an integer n, which was the nth element of the list counting from the last element to first. (e.g. if list of 10 elements n=3, means the 7th element). So I had to return the total-n th element of the list.

I did solve it, but in the easy way, I'm not sure if that's enough for a company like Microsoft, the worst is that it wasn't even that hard, when I left, i realized a better way to solve it in one iteration, but well, let's see what happens.


In the 2nd and 3rd part it was mostly talking (the interview was fully in English). It happened that the interviewer works for the Office team,  (yep, word, power point, and so on) he's been there for 9 years now, which is great! And he works at Redmond, Washington. Microsoft's interviewers work at USA but they come to Mexico to do the interviews, that means the company takes a lot into account when it comes to hiring.

In three weeks or so, I'll have an answer. 

So yes, that was basically the day!



Comentarios